Thursday, April 9, 2009

Old Friends


I've started a new life for myself here in NY. I mean, it's natural to do that after residing in a place for almost two years. It's my second home and when I'm sick of being in Rhode Island, where I grew up, NY is my home.

Today I received this awfully sad message on Facebook from one of my best friends from home, Anna.

syd.
this isn't like us.
and it makes me sad :(


Bottom line is, I really miss my old friends from high school. Don't get me wrong the friends that i have made here at college are real, true, life-long friends. But there is something special about those people you grew up with. You shared your good times and bad, survived through puberty, acne, first kisses, and moments that you will never forget.

I had a photo assignment to do junior year. Me and a few of my friends took the 45 minute drive to the beach on fall day after school. Alex drove us in his old, black, Jeep Cherokee. Teri sat up front while Niki, Amanda, and I squeezed in the back. The events from our little road trip are a little vague considering this was almost four years ago but it is one of my fondest memories that I have from high school. (among many)

"Come on guys, act natural! I need to get this shot!" I kept saying as I held my brand new Nikon SLR

I love you girls to death and miss you terribly,
Syd

No comments:

Post a Comment